Friday, May 23, 2008

A "rookie's" first blog...

Well, I thought I could get away with being "old school" and never need to have a blog... but heh, what hypocrite I'd be without stepping over another "edge" (see my "about me").

Beginnings

Since this blog is birthed from academia's require,
I'll dig deep to inspire.
School's flame sparks dancing delights,
So let's take flight...
I take this class in part,
To finish what was start.
A certificate about to complete,
A soon celebration of the feat.
A life-long learner (and yearner),
With numerous reasons,
Depending on life's seasons,
This class is the final wrapper.
A life-long teacher (and preacher),
with numerous reasons,
Depending on his Mentor,
To open the next door.
Teaching and technology twins,
with love and creativity,
- a sure win!
_________________________
Three Things They See
Faithfull, Hopefull and Gracefull: the Divine Stranded Cord (Eccles. 4:9-12)
Belayer, Belaying, Belayed
Writer, Poet and Scientific Geek

2 comments:

Apostolos K. ("AK") said...

Hi Bob,

My (class) blog address is http://idstuff.blogspot.com

elearningEllen said...

Hi Bob,

I had to look up the meaning of "belayer." Never heard of the term before.

"If the climber falls, then they will free-fall the distance of the slack or unprotected rope before friction applied by the belayer will start to slow their descent." from dictionary.com

I enjoy being on the creative edge, but I would be absolutely TERRIFIED to be on the physical edge of death mountain climbing, no matter how strong my faith.

Just being on top of the Eiffel Tower was enough for me. Fear of heights, you know...

Ellen